Celebrate the Summer Games at Your Local Lets Move! Olympic Fun Day
Let’s Meetup to Move!
Let's Move! has a national goal of solving the problem of childhood obesity within a generation. A Let’s Move! Meetup enables people to create face-to-face meetings and activities to find local solutions and get moving together in our cities, towns, and neighborhoods. And a Let’s Move! Meetup is flexible - it can be a discussion, a physical activity in the park, or a healthy cooking class.
On Saturday, July 28th, cities and towns across the country held Let’s Move! Olympic Fun Day Meetups to celebrate the Olympic games and healthy living. You can check out their experience below, and go to meetup.com/lets-move to find (or create!) an upcoming Let’s Move! Meetup near you.
Celebrate the Summer Games at Your Local Let's Move! Olympic Fun Day
First Lady Michelle Obama is leading the U.S. Delegation to the 2012 Olympic Games and she’s calling on families around the country to support Team USA, not just by cheering on our athletes, but by getting active in their own communities.
Saturday, July 28th is the first day of the competition in London. We're calling on families around the country to join us by participating in an existing “Olympics-inspired” Meetups in your neighborhood or by planning one of your own.
RSVP and start planning your local Let’s Move! Olympic Fun Day Meetup here: http://www.meetup.com/lets-move
Joining a Let's Move! Olympic Fun Day on Saturday, July 28th?
Share your story and follow the fun:
- On Twitter, use the hashtag #LetsMoveDay to share updates and photos
- "Like" Let's Move on Facebook and join the discussion
- Follow #LetsMoveDay and @LetsMove for highlights from around the country
- After your event, tell us all about it here: http://www.letsmove.gov/share-your-story-lets-move-olympic-fun-day
- Check out the Storify of Let's Move! Olympic Fun Day below or on Storify
We’ll highlight activities happening across the country on LetsMove.gov, Twitter and Facebook. We look forward to hearing from you!
Look for a Meetup in your area
Follow these steps:
- Go to the Let’s Move! Meetup page at meetup.com/lets-move, and click on your town below the map
- Click “RSVP” and select yes!
- Share the Meetup on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #LetsMoveDay
- Stay tuned for updates: Once you have RSVP’d, you’ll get updates from Let's Move!
Organize a Meetup in your town
Follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Let’s Move! Meetup at meetup.com/lets-move and click on your town below the map
- Suggest a location for your Meetup: Find a local park, community center or another space that will fit for your Meetup
- Add the details: Let others know what to expect. Are you planning a hoola-hoop contest, a relay race or soccer game? Feel free to get creative!
- Talk about the Meetup! Start a conversation on the Meetup page and get the word out in your community. Use your Facebook and Twitter to encourage others to join and plan their own Meetups
Download tools to help you brand your very own Meetup and make it a success:
- Apply the logo it to your event materials: eps, pdf, jpg, png
- Download and print a Custom sign for your participants
- Have your guests write an inspiring message to pose with and post to their social networks with the hashtag #LetsMoveDay