“When I was little, I lived in San Francisco, and was exposed to all sorts of culture and food,” says Dillon. “One of my favorites was Indian food, so I decided to make an Indian style dish. I would serve this dish with mango and chai.“ - Dillon Andrews, Age 12, Wyoming
Makes 6 Servings
- ½ cup tikka masala simmer sauce
- ½ rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ½ can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup peeled and diced sweet onion
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ a lemon
- Dash of salt
- 6 whole-wheat tortillas
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- In a large sauté pan, combine the tikka masala simmer sauce, shredded chicken, and garbanzo beans over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cilantro, onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes. Squeeze the lemon juice over the mixture and add a dash of salt. Gently mix the vegetables together.
- Top each tortilla with some chicken, a generous helping of vegetables, and a tablespoon of yogurt. Roll up, serve, and enjoy!
311 calories; 6g fat; 35g carbohydrates; 29g protein
- Check out highlights from the each Kids’ “State Dinner”
- View the 2015 Healthy Lunchtime Challenge & Kids’ “State Dinner” Cookbook