Drink Up with a Splash of Style
Today, the Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) announced that multiple leaders from the fashion industry have joined its Drink Up initiative, an effort that encourages Americans across the country to drink more water, more often. Since the launch of Drink Up in September 2013, a wide variety of organizations and companies have committed to support the effort.
Everyone has a role to play in helping Americans live healthy lifestyles, and this is another example of organizations coming together to help spread the message that drinking water is one of the healthiest choices everyone can make. These new fashion related commitments bring the initiative to approximately 50 supporters across various water and retail industries, and the effort continues to grow!
“I am thrilled that leaders from across the fashion industry are coming together to help spread Drink Up’s important message to drink more water, more often,” said First Lady Michelle Obama. “Helping our children make healthy choices is an all-hands-on deck effort, and I applaud the leadership shown by BCBG, Bloomingdale’s, Easy Spirit, HSN, J.Crew, Rebecca Minkoff and Skechers.”
Each of the fashion supporters are contributing to the effort in various ways through in-store activations, awareness campaigns, and co-branded merchandise with portions of the proceeds going back to PHA to continuing supporting their initiatives.
The following contributions have been provided by Drink Up’s Fashion Initiative Supporters:
- Co-branded water bottle displays in 34 retail locations nationwide courtesy of BCBG MAXAZRIA and HERVÉ LÉGER by Max Azria
- In-store activation and consumer shopping event courtesy of Bloomingdale’s
- Percentage of proceeds from the sale of select merchandise for a limited time courtesy of Easy Spirit.com
- Two-week on-air awareness campaign courtesy of HSN
- Custom Drink Up “Crewcut” t-shirts courtesy of J.Crew. 100% of the net proceeds from the sale of each crewcuts t-shirt will be donated to PHA
- Co-branded custom beach towel and percentage of proceeds courtesy of Rebecca Minkoff
- Co-branded gift with purchase and in-store window displays in 35 retail locations nationwide, courtesy of Skechers Performance Division
For additional information and to get involved in Drink Up visit: www.youarewhatyoudrink.org