Recipe: Katie Chin's Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups
Chef Katie Chin showed guests at the 2013 White House Easter Egg Roll how to make these Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced lemongrass
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup canned chopped water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion, white and green parts
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 large butter lettuce leaves
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet on moderately high heat. Add the ginger, garlic and lemongrass and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the ground chicken and stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add the water chestnuts and mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the cilantro, green onion, fish sauce and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl
- Serve chicken mixture with lettuce leaves and allow guests to form their own wraps.
See more recipes from the 2013 White House Easter Egg Roll: