Spicy Southern Barbecued Chicken
Recipe courtesy of USDA's ChooseMyPlate.gov
Serves 10 (½ breast or 2 small drumsticks)
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- ¾ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 garlic clove (minced)
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 1½ pound chicken (skinless breasts, drumsticks)
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in saucepan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken on large platter and brush with half the sauce mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Place chicken on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and broil for 10 minutes on each side to seal in juices.
- Remove from broiler and add remaining sauce to chicken. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
See other recipes in this series: