Country Style Potato Salad
Recipe courtesy of USDA's ChooseMyPlate.gov
Serves 4 (1 cup)
- 3 potatoes (medium)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- ½ cup onion (minced)
- 1 cup peas (frozen)
- 1 tablespoon mustard (prepared)
- ½ cup mayonnaise, lowfat
- ½ cup yogurt, nonfat plain
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- black pepper (fresh cracked, to taste)
- lettuce and tomato (garnish)
- Wash potatoes, leave skin on and cut in bite-size chunks.
- Place in pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, lower to simmer and cook uncovered until potatoes are tender, about 20 mintes.
- Drain in colander and sprinkle lightly with cold water.
- In the mean time, put the rest of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Drain potatoes well and add to the bowl.
- Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Garnish with fresh lettuce and sliced tomatoes
See other recipes in this series: