Zesty Tomato Soup
Recipe courtesy of the USDA's ChooseMyPlate.gov
Serves 4 (1 cup)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 cup evaporated milk, fat-free
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, rinsed and chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- Combine tomatoes and red peppers in a blender or food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Put tomato mixture in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add evaporated milk, garlic powder, and pepper. Return to a boil, reduce heat to low, and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add basil and serve.
See other recipes in this series: