Roasted Root Vegetables
Recipe courtesy of the USDA's ChooseMyPlate.gov
Serves 4 (1¼ cup)
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 2 medium-sized root vegetables (white potatoes, rutabagas, turnips, parsnips, beets),
- cut into large chunks
- 2 carrots, chopped 1 medium onion, chopped ¼ cup vegetable oil 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese Season with your favorite spices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add all chopped vegetables, and pour oil over top.
- Add Parmesan cheese and seasonings; mix well.
- Spread vegetable mixture evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender.
See other recipes in this series: