Fire and Ice Watermelon Salad
Recipe courtesy of USDA's ChooseMyPlate.gov
Serves 4 (1½ cup)
- 6 cups watermelon, rind removed, cut into large chunks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ⅓ cup torn mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- ⅔ cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- In a large bowl, combine watermelon, onions, mint, and red pepper flakes.
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, oil, and chili powder.
- Drizzle vinegar mixture over watermelon mixture and serve.Line muffin tin(s) cups with paper baking cups (18 total).
See other recipes in this series: