Recipe courtesy of the USDA's ChooseMyPlate.gov
An easy, tasty and healthy dip that makes the perfect partner for veggies.
Serves 4 (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons finely diced green pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup raw diced potatoes, peeled,
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups milk, non-fat, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add celery, onion, and green pepper; sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add corn, potatoes, water, salt, pepper, and paprika. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium; and cook, covered, about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Pour ½ cup milk into a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Add flour and shake vigorously.
- Add gradually to cooked vegetables; stir well.
- Add remaining milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Serve garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
See other recipes in this series: