Bulgar Chickpea Salad
Recipe courtesy of USDA's ChooseMyPlate.gov
- 1¼ cups water
- 1 cup coarse bulgur
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ¾ cup canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- Minced Black pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil. Stir in bulgur, parsley, minced onion, and soy sauce. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 15-20 minutes (until all water is absorbed and bulgur is not too crunchy). Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool; fluff with fork.
- Combine dressing ingredients; stir well.
- Put bulgur mixture in a large bowl. Pour dressing over bulgur mixture and mix well.
Stir in green onions, raisins, carrots, and chickpeas. Cover and chill for several hours.
See other recipes in this series: