20-minute Chicken Creole
Recipe courtesy of USDA's ChooseMyPlate.gov
Serves 8 (about 1 cup each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, cut into ½-inch strips
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chili sauce, low sodium
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. In a large pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining ingredients.
4. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
5. Serve over hot, cooked rice or whole-wheat pasta.
See other recipes in this series: