Have You Sent Mrs. Obama Your Video Yet?
Tomorrow at 5 pm EDT is the deadline for submitting your videos to the Communities on the Move Video Challenge!
If your faith-based or neighborhood organization is moving to make your community healthier, send us a one-to-three minute videos highlighting your work. . Winners will be invited to visit Washington, DC to share their videos with the First Lady at the White House! The Challenge is part of Let's Move Faith and Communities, which engages congregations and neighborhood organizations in the effort to end childhood obesity within a generation. Curious if your organization is eligible? See "Who is eligible to enter the competition?" in the FAQ for details
Check out the helpful tips from Challenge.gov on preparing your video:
Do you have all the required items ready to go?
- Make sure your entry is complete, triple check the Submission Checklist below. We don't want to have to disqualify your video based on a technicality, no matter how small it may seem!
- Don't wait until the last minute to upload your video. Keep in mind that the time it takes to upload/process a video on YouTube or Vimeo varies greatly depending on the format of your original video, file size, upload traffic, Internet connection speed, and could take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours or more.
- Is your video between 1 and 3 minutes long?
- Do you have a transcript of all the words that are spoken/sung in your video?
- Did you obtain actual signatures for the Video Image Release and Video Copyright Release, and saved it as 1 .zip/.pdf/.doc file? (Note: Only official forms for the competition will be accepted.)
- Does your video describe how your organization has worked to improve the wellness of children in congregation(s) or communities?
- Does your video focus on at least one of these topics: healthy eating, physical activity, and/or access to healthy, affordable food?
- Does your video direct viewers to www.letsmove.gov for more information?
- Have you reviewed the Official Rules and the Enter an Application page to make sure your submission includes all the required items?
If you have any questions about the competition, please email support@ChallengePost.com and include "Communities on the Move" in the subject line.