Let's Celebrate: February Let's Move! Highlights
In February we celebrated the second anniversary of Let’s Move!, and First Lady Michelle Obama took to the road, touring the country and highlighting the achievements of Let’s Move! programs in communities just like yours.
To date, the initiative has touched families, schools and organizations across the country and inspired local changes to improve the health, life and happiness of children and youth. We put together a collection of some of our favorite moments from the trip:
An impromtu dance number during her appearance on the "Ellen Degeneres Show" -- one of the First Lady's many memorable moments from this month. In honor of the 2nd Anniversary of Let's Move!, Mrs. Obama wasn't afraid to get people moving wherever she went.
Hosting a kid-friendly Let’s Move! Top Chef Quick Fire challenge mashup, the First Lady teamed up with culinary legends and NFL superstars to inspire kids to eat healthy and have fun doing it.
Ms. Obama joined families at the dinner table, promoting “Change Begins at Home.” Incorporating everyday healthy habits at home positively influences the conversation about healthy families, schools and communities.
At a spirited interfaith gathering at Northland, A Church Distributed, in Longwood, Florida, The First Lady commended faith and community groups for their collective role in keeping our communities active and healthy.
Check out the new Let's Move! programming and commitments announced in February:
- Looking for the Best Ideas to Get our Kids Moving
- Resources for Getting Active
- How Is your Community Moving? Send Us a Video!
- First Lady Michelle Obama: If You Are Doing Great Work, Tell Me About It
- Michelle Obama: Changing the Conversation on Healthy Eating
- How Traditional Food Can Create Healthier Schools
- Dream for Kids
- Let’s Move Salad Bars to Schools and the Second Anniversary of Let’s Move!