Sweet Potato Bread Pudding
Recipe courtesy of Job Corps' Top Chefs
"Job Corps' Top Chefs” was a food competition, culminating a three day summit, in support of Let’s Move! Two teams battled head-to-head in one of three categories: side dish, entrée, and dessert. Find the chefs' "healthier" interpretation of classic dishes here.
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes
- ½ stick earth balanced butter
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup fresh orange juice (strained from orange)
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 5 qts wheat bread
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 cup pecans & walnuts
- ½ cup brown sugar
Sweet Potato Bread Pudding:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook sweet potatoes. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, agave nectar,
orange juice, beaten eggs, butter and vanilla.
2. Once potatoes are soft & tender, break up and add pecans. Taste and adjust seasoning to
3. Cut bread into cubes, toss sweet potatoes mixture with bread. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let
stand for 10 minutes.
1. Take the juice from the sweet potatoes and let it cool down. Add ½ cup orange juice and ½
cup soy milk.
2. Reduce down and glaze top of pudding.
3. Roast the pecans and reduce the agave nectar, dipping the pecans into the nectar, ½ cup
4. Garnish with orange peels (julienne), glazed whole pecans and mint leaf.
See other recipes in this series: