Balsamic & Fig Glazed Pear-Topped Chicken Breast
Recipe courtesy of Job Corps' Top Chefs
"Job Corps' Top Chefs” was a food competition, culminating a three day summit, in support of Let’s Move! Two teams battled head-to-head in one of three categories: side dish, entrée, and dessert. Find the chefs' "healthier" interpretation of classic dishes here.
- 4 oz goat cheese
- ¾ tsp. thyme
- ¼ tsp. fresh minced garlic
- ½ cored pear
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup dried figs
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- chicken breast
Preheat oven to 375* degrees.
Goat Cheese Filling:
1. Combine the goat cheese, thyme and garlic until thoroughly mixed.
2. Take the cored pear and with a rounder tablespoon, scoop the mixture into the pear. Put
1. Puree the low sodium chicken broth, dried figs, balsamic vinegar and sugar in a blender until
2. Strain out solid and pour half of the fig sauce into a 13/9 in. pan.
1. Place a chicken breast over the fig sauce in the 13/9 in. pan.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place filled pear on top of the chicken, open side down.
3. Drizzle chicken with remaining fig sauce.
4. Bake at 375* degrees for 20 minutes, basting occasionally. Bake for another 30-40 minutes
until chicken breast reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
5. Serve and enjoy.
*Baking time will vary, depending on how many chicken breasts you wish to cook at once.
Love this recipe? Try:
- Tuscan Smoked Turkey & Bean Soup
- Mac-N-Cheese Muffin Surprise
- Sweet Potato Bread Pudding
- Crispy Sweet Potato Fries