Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Recipe courtesy of Chop Chop Magazine
Put a cool, fruity smoothie in your thermos, and if you don’t drink it up for breakfast, you’ll be psyched for it at snack or lunchtime. Just give it a shake before drinking, to make sure all the ingredients are blended.
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 overripe banana, sliced (If you plan ahead, freeze the peeled banana before making the smoothie!)
- 6 strawberries, hulled (remove the stem and core)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate (from a frozen can)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons honey
1. Put the yogurt, banana, strawberries, orange juice concentrate, water and honey in the blender. Put the top on tightly.
2. With the help of your adult, turn the blender to medium and blend until the mixture is very smooth.
3. Serve right away, store in a thermos or refrigerate
Read about Chop Chop Magazine's visit to the White House Kitchen here.
See other recipes in this series:
- Pumpkin Loaf with Raisins & Dried Cherries
- Parmesan Yogurt Dip with Carrots
- Orange Cranberry Seltzer
- Turkey Wrap with Lemony Hummus & Cheese
- Romaine Lettuce Roll-Ups
- Carrot Apple Soup