Romaine Lettuce Roll-Ups
Recipe courtesy of Chop Chop Magazine
- 1 large romaine lettuce leaf, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon Lemony Hummus (page 16)
- 4 spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lightly toasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds (see page 30)
- 2 thin tomato slices
- 1 tablespoon avocado or guacamole
- 1 tablespoon cooked and cooled (or leftover) brown rice or quinoa
1. Put the romaine leaf on the cutting board. Use the teaspoon to spread the hummus on the leaf.
2. Put the spinach on top of the hummus.
3. Use the teaspoon to spread the yogurt over the spinach, then sprinkle with the seeds.
4. Add the tomato slices, then top with the avocado or guacamole.
5. Sprinkle the brown rice on top of the avocado.
6. Roll up the romaine leaf as tightly as possible. Serve right away.
Read about Chop Chop Magazine's visit to the White House Kitchen here.
See other recipes in this series: