Lunch Box Turkey "Sushi"
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray and Yum-O!
You'll look forward to having this wrap for lunch all morning long! Ask your grown-up helper (GH) to help you by preparing the instant rice, maybe while they make their morning coffee.
- 1/2 cup instant brown or white rice, prepared according to package directions
- 1 spinach or whole wheat tortilla
- 2-3 tablespoons ranch or Russian salad dressing
- 3-4 slices turkey breast, from the deli
- A handful of bean sprouts
- 2 red bell pepper strips, 1/4-inch wide
- 2 slices cheddar or provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a flour tortilla for 15-20 seconds on high in the microwave oven. Spread out the tortilla on a work surface. Coat the tortilla evenly with salad dressing and cover with slices of turkey.
- Pile some rice on one side of the turkey.
- Arrange the bean sprouts, pepper strips and cheese strips in a line on top of the rice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Wrap and roll the sandwich up around the rice, veggies and turkey, making the ingredients resemble a sushi roll with the cheese and veggies at the center of the rice.
- Cut the sandwich wrap into two-inch-long pieces.
- Arrange the pieces in a plastic container or on foil and pack up for lunch!
See other recipes in this series:
- Chicken Tender Salad
- Lunch Box "Fun"-due
- Curry Chicken Salad
- Mini Meatball & Orzo Soup
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Banana Sushi