Be a Leader in your Community
As trusted members of your community, you can lend your voice beyond your clinic or office practice. Consider sharing your expertise with community groups or organizations that support childhood health and wellness. By recognizing the efforts of programs in your neighborhoods, you can help to build support or coalitions to extend your reach.
- Talk with your neighbors. Help your community understand the complexities of this issue.
- Visit schools and classrooms to share your expertise.
- Know your local officials: city council members, state legislators, mayors and governors.
- Team up with your local health department.
- Help community groups with their interventions.
- Encourage families in your practice to get involved with community projects that encourage healthy eating and physical activity.
- Choose a community program or project that your practice can support.